1/1/11

Innovative Ashima - Brake Test No.1





First I took the PCB's out on the road for 2 hours to break them in, then I went for a quick 2.5 hour MTB. The levers arrived 'reverso style', so I had my front brake on the left of the bars!

 Ill  re-arrange them shortly so I can give them a confident testing. It was a little sketchy!


First things I noticed. They are light! (185gr Front. 202 gr rear.) Lighter than the XTR brakes on the bike previously. They are seriously futuristic too, especially the mega thin pistonless caliper. It actually has no pistons in it. Just a really strong diaghram seal to push the pads outward!. Ashima won a design award at Eurobike for this!

I decided to do the short test on a new local trail in 3rock. The brakes had nice modulation, and performed well on the steep tehcnical descents. They were pretty good with a 160mm rotor up front but, Ill throw on one of the 180mm rotors  supplied by Ashima to get the maximal braking power.
 
More soon on  these.


Trainings going well too, especially with the snow being gone and the roads finally dry! I haven't got out much on the road bike recently due to the roads. But, I have manged to get some good turbo trainer work outs with friends instead. I also added in a mixture of extreme snow running and extreme snow mountain biking to get the hours up!

I also started doing a new type of 'short' inteval advised by my Coach Aidan Ryan. It basically entails. 1 minute@80% then spint 15 seconds - then 45 seconds recovery then repeat *6 times.  Then 15 minute recovery then repeat the whole thing again! Its fun to do and hasn't left me feeling dreadfull and annihilated.


Now its time to chill out and watch some 'Band of Brothers' WW2 was definetly the best war!

Adios

No comments: