1/25/11

So, I've been in Bordeaux just over one week now road biking. I'm here for 3 weeks visiting my girlfriend and getting some much needed training in after doing college exams. So far its going pretty well with sunshine everyday and some seroiusly nice countryside!

 Luckily i'm situated beside the only hilly area, and there are really cool views of vineyards. The trips making me miss the mountain bike ALOT!, there's only so much of bloody road bikes I can take, but its good for the legs!

Here's a nice photo of a small vineyard and a Renault 4. Funny story, I actually crashed one of these in to our house wall at age 6 with my brother!! No joke It was my Dad's car (It had a starter button and no locks!)


On today's spin, I decided to include my favourite continental past time (searching for ww2 fortifications!). I usually do a bit of research to find this out. In fact, every foreign mountain bike race/trip I do I secretly go searching for this stuff!! Its amazing seeing these artifacts!

So luckily for me, It turns out there's a massive WW2 Submarine base down the road. This place used to house U-boats during the second world war. It's now in ruins as it looks like it was slightly bombed/shot at heavily. Sadly, I couldn't get in properly. But, I was wearing full lycra and had a road bike with me! I might go back and have a proper look see in my civvies.

Here's some pics,

Adios



No comments: